U.S. Export Facts
Did you know that:
- There is a 47.4% increase in trade between U.S. and Turkey for the period of Jan – July 2011 compared to the same period last year?
- Turkey has 71 million of the world’s consumers and per capita income is forecasted to grow at 7% over the next few years?
- Turkey’s imports have increased from $41.4 billion in 2001 to $185.5 billion in 2010. U.S. is the fourth largest exporter to Turkey.
- Turkey is one of the few countries where USA has had a trade surplus totaling $6.3 billion in 2010.
- In 2010, the largest U.S. export category to Turkey was aircraft and parts.
- In 2010, the following states had the highest dollar amount exported to Turkey: Texas, Washington, New Jersey, California, and New York.
All in all, the follow merchandise is in great demand in Turkey: aircraft and parts, iron and steel, machinery, cotton and woven fabric, and mineral fuel and oil.
Are you looking to export your products to Turkey also? Contact us today for a free price quote for your document and website localization needs.