BuyBoard Texas Association of School Boards has partnered with EPIC Translations for document translation and interpretation services.
Who is EPIC Translations?
We are a family-owned language services company established in 2005. We focus on nurturing long-term successful relationships with our clients to ensure accurate and timely multilingual services. BuyBoard Texas Association of School Boards has partnered with EPIC Translations to provide document translation and interpretation services to its national and state-wide members.
Our agility, responsiveness, and capacity to meet clients’ tight deadlines are some of the reasons why nearly 100% of our clients come back to us time and again for their document translation / interpretation needs.
What services do you provide?
Our team of 20,000+ human translators offers services for 150+ languages in the following areas:
- Document Translations
- Virtual Interpretations
- On-Site Interpretations
- CART Service
- Desktop Publishing (DTP)
- Website Localization
Do you work with schools and nonprofits?
EPIC Translations has provided document translations, on-site interpretations, virtual interpretations, and CART service to the following educational institutes:
- University of Michigan – Translations, interpretations, CART service, and transcriptions. Multiple languages.
- Michigan State University – Translations and interpretations. Multiple languages.
- Farmington Hills Public Schools – On-site interpretation services.
- United Way SE Michigan: Childhood education program documents. Multiple languages.
- EarlyWorks LLC – Education program documents. Bengali.
- Detroit Regional Dollars for Scholars: In Person Field Trip – Health Screening & Protocol Agreement. Multiple languages.
- Leaps and Bounds Family Services – Middle school education program documents. Bengali.
We need a document translated quickly. Can you help us?
Yes, we offer 4 turnaround options. They are:
- Seven (7) plus business days
- Four to six (4 – 6) business days
- Two to four (2 – 4) business days
- One (1) business day
In certain cases, we can deliver same day translation if it is approved before 1pm EST.
For both on-site and/or virtual interpretations, we would like a few days’ advance notice.
Do you work exclusively with BuyBoard?
EPIC Translations has been providing language translation services for 15+ years. Our clients include global brands, governments, nonprofits, school boards, and public/private partnerships. We are delighted at the opportunity to support BuyBoard Texas Assocation of School Boards subscribers.
What languages do you support?
EPIC Translations supports 150+ languages with our 20,000+ human translators. Some of the languages we actively support are:
Should we translate our website and documents using Google Translate?
Are you okay with 12% to 15% error rate in your translated documents that are shared with your non-English speaking students and the community? If so, then Google Translate is an acceptable option for informal documents.
If you are translating formal documents such as the ones listed below then using Google Translate could create misunderstandings and legal issues due to incorrect translations.
- Letters for parents / Community outreach
- Legal forms
- Enrollment forms
- Website copy
Let me show you a real-life example of a simple paragraph that Google Translate widget botched up (I mean…‘translated’) from English to Spanish.
Original English Text:
What is Our Vision Statement? (select one)
1. The partner aiding customer success by offering converting line solutions to run better, faster, and smarter
2. We help our customers succeed by offering comprehensive web handling solutions
3. The ONE global partner maximizing customers’ success by offering comprehensive converting line solutions to run better, faster, and smarter
¿Cuál es nuestra declaración de visión? (Seleccione uno)
1. El socio que ayuda al éxito del cliente al ofrecer soluciones de línea de conversión para funcionar mejor, más rápido y de manera más inteligente
2. Ayudamos a nuestros clientes a tener éxito ofreciendo soluciones integrales de manejo de bandas
3. El socio global ONE que maximiza el éxito de los clientes al ofrecer soluciones integrales de línea de conversión para funcionar mejor, más rápido y de manera más inteligente
You might be thinking, “this looks okay to me”.
Remember, you don’t speak Spanish!
And you are not translating your company’s content into Spanish for your English speaking audience.
Rather, your company translates for its customers, employees, and business partners located in Spanish speaking countries.
Without further adieu, this is what our Spanish team had to say about the ‘translation’ done by Google.
¿Cuál es nuestra
declaración de visión? (Seleccione una opcióno)
- “declaración de visión” is a literal translation that sounds awkward in Spanish. We simply say “visión”.
- “uno” is a general masculine translation of “one”, but this sentence is actually introducing options (femenine). Therefore, the most accurate translation should be “una opción”.
Eel socio que ayuda contribuye al éxito de los l clientes ofreciendo soluciones de para que su línea de conversión para funcionarfuncione mejor, más rápido y de manera más inteligente
- For stylistic purposes, it’s better to start all bullets with a verb, in this case “Somos”. This is called parallelism and it contributes to perceiving the whole text as a unity. Also, the implied use of “we” in “somos” gives the idea of a company with a strong philosophy of teamwork and a sense of belonging.
- The verb “contribuye” is a more formal version than “ayuda” to translate “help”.
Ayudamos a nuestros clientes a tener éxito ofreciendoBrindamos soluciones integrales de manejo de bandas para ayudar a nuestros clientes a alcanzar el éxito
- The order of the sentence has been changed to put more emphasis on the technical solution and then on the benefit this solution will bring about for the company.
3. Somos UN ÚNICO socio global
ONE que maximiza el éxito de los clientes al ofrecer soluciones integrales de para que su línea de conversión para funcionarfuncione mejor, más rápido y de manera más inteligente
- It’s a serious mistake to treat ONE as if it were a proper name. Whereas, translating it as “UN ÚNICO” gives the idea that there are different brands connecting as ONE company.
As you can see, if a respectable organization uses Google Translate, they risk minimizing how serious their brand is perceived. And your current or potential customers might be laughing behind closed doors.
We advise our clients to not use machine translator software for formal content/documents.
How do I request a quote?
1. Share Your Project Details
2. You Get A Free Quote
3. Your Project Gets Completed
We make it easy to acquire language translation services from EPIC Translations. You can use any of the methods listed below to request a quote:
- Send email to BuyBoard@epictranslations.com
- Call 888-214-2053
- Fill out the quote request form shown below
I received your brochure with a discount code. How do I use it?
Did you receive our brochure in the mail? If so, please mention the discount code when you email us and we would be happy to provide the discount!
NOTE: The 30% discount offer ends on December 31, 2023. We encourage you to take advantage of this offer before it expires.
Do you provide free translation samples?
EPIC Translations is happy to provide sample translations for Spanish and Arabic. The free sample translations can be up to 250 words.
To request a sample translation please choose one of the contact methods listed below.
Moreover, you can test drive our free Spanish translation offer here.
Start Your Journey with EPIC Translations
EPIC Translations delivers high-impact language translation services that simplify your communications with your multilingual stakeholders.
Simply put, EPIC Translations exists to support your translation + interpretation needs. Fill out the form below, and we’ll be in touch shortly.