Once you have decided that you want to start exporting to BRIC countries, the next step is to decide where exactly to start at! Simultaneous expansion to all 4 countries should be undertaken only if you have significant resources at hand, otherwise it’s a smarter idea to tackle one country at a time.
We tell our clients the following criteria (among other things) to use when making such a decision.
- If B2C, what country has most demand for my products / services?
- If B2B, what country has the most footprint of my clients?
- What country has more qualified human resources?
- What country has a more dependable transportation infrastructure?
It is vital that you respond to these and other questions in as much details as possible. Your responses should be based on independent market research.
At the end of the day, no mater what country you decide to expand to, having a world class translation of your content might be the deciding factor between success and failure. We tell our clients to translate the following content in order to correctly get started:
- Product / Service manuals
- Legal contracts
- Company policies
Money spent on translation services will have an immediate return on your investment as you will be able to connect with your customers / clients at a deeper and native level.